The 3.5mm audio plug is a audio device connector with 3.5mm diameter of the plug, which is also known as audio jack, headphones jack, headphones plug, it have long history which can be dated back 19th century, the 3.5mm audio plug is used to transferring analog audio signals since more than 100 years ago but still widely used in the modern times, it’s has been became the universal audio jack size to be used in Mobile Phones, Personal Computers and Laptops.
The 3.5mm headphones plug is so widely used because it has its own advantages as below
- Very low cost to produce it: as anyone can see that the 3.5mm audio jack has very simple structurewith very limited materials Aluminum alloy Rings and Tip & Sleeve, the plastic rings are inserted. Since 15 years ago, this kind of plug can be made by automatic machine, which making the cost is too much lower
- It can transfer Stereo Sound and microphone: when the 5mm audio plugsoldering with Tip-Ring-Ring-Sleeve and it includes both stereo and microphone functionality. With this simple structure, the users can hear the left sound and right round of their audio content when they enjoy their music or movie
- Super tiny and easy to use it: its tiny small size of the 3.5mm audio plug is one of the pros too, anybody see it know how to use it, we just need to insert and pull to use it. There is no need to offering users special guideline to teach the users how to users and how to preserve the 5mm audio plug in the common life
- The 3.5mm plug can be customized with very low cost accordingto different devices: In its initial plug structure, the 3.5mm headphone plug can have two, three, four and sometimes, even five poles. Three-pole version is known as TRS Headphone Plug, which T represents for “tip”, R represents for “ring” and S represents for “sleeve”. Ring Poles have thesame diameter with the sleeve. The two-, four- and five- poles versions named as TS, TRRS and TRRRS headphones plug The TS Type 3.5mm Headphone Plug does not support stereo sound and microphone, which means there is no left and right. You will get the same sound from both sides or you can use this type of plug to produce the single side Earphones, which is widely used in airline and tourism to save the cost. The TRS 3.5mm Headphone Plug supports stereo sound and but doesn’t supports microphone this type of 3.5mm Headphone Plug used on the earphones and headphones which do not require microphone, until now, there are very large of clients around the world choose this type of audio products and they use it as promotional item or some occasions who don’t require microphone at all.
- The 3.5mm headphone plug can also transfer high-end and better audio quality for the users that’s why lots of the music enthusiast and audiophile are prefer to choose the headphones with 3.5mm audio plug
- The 5mm audio plug are widely used everywhere which increase its compatibility, if you have a headphone with 3.5mm audio plug, your headphones can works with most of your smartphone, tablets, PCs and MP3, MP4 even other device which have 3.5mm headphone socket